Yes, I said it. Just like a zoo keeper urges visitors, ‘Don’t Feed The Bears’, I urge men, ‘Don’t Save The Heauxs. I’m not like a lot of women that think that all men are dogs. There are truly a vast amount good men in the world that deserves a good woman in their lives. But from what I have observed over the years, most good men don’t know how to pick a good woman. So then, when they get their heart busted to pieces by a stank heaux, they become bitter and never wanna join the love train again. And when that happens, they tend to treat other women like dirt and thus, those men become dogs.
Most good men probably have a hard time picking a good woman because there are a vast amount of women that are a wolf in sheep’s clothing and are so cunning, that they can convince a skinhead to attend a Black Panther meeting. And he probably would be stupid enough to do so, spreading all his goodness and cheer with that ‘White Power’ foolishness.
My point is that I believe that good men have great intentions when it comes to falling in love but some of you may have a hard time figuring out if Miss Thang is the real deal or if she’s the type of woman that will smack bellies with your brother. I’m not Dr. Phil, Ilyana Vanzant, Oprah Winfrey, or any of them pioneers. All I have is my own insight…which just might save you a trip to the The Maury Show. So here’s a few helpful tips on what may be questionable when seeking a special woman in your life:
1. If you introduce her to all ten of your male friends…and she knows ALL TEN OF YOUR MALE FRIENDS, you may have a problem on your hands.
2. If you two are in an exclusive relationship (to YOUR knowledge) but her relationship status on Facebook says, “it’s complicated”, start asking questions.
3. If she says to you that she’s working hard on her career but everytime you turn around, all she does is post pictures of herself on Instagram all day, you may wanna find out what type of “career” she’s talking about.
4. If sista girl comes to your family reunion and “backs that thang up” in front of your father while your mom is standing there in utter disgust, you’re allowed to feel VERY embarrassed. I give you that right.
5. If EVERY DAMN THING in her house is either rented or is in someone else’s name, pop goes the weasel.
Dear Good Men, I’m not telling you to go out here and try to find Ms. Perfect. There is no such thing. Just be sensible. If she’s causing you a headache as your girlfriend, she’s gonna give you an aneurysm if you make her your wife.
Copyright © 2013 by Sonica Jackson
***The views and opinions expressed here on my website are solely those of myself and do not in any way represent the views and opinions of WordPress or anyone else.